AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Embedding Universal Analytics-trackingcode in Microsoft Word site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For practical reasons my sites are develloped in Microsoft Word, simply by saving documents in .html-format and uploading them to my domains through ftp.
The sites are updated frequently. Therefor I pose this question: Is there a way to embed the  Universal Analytics-trackingcode in these documents, other then by pasting the snippet manually? For all clarity, I mean the code similar to this:

<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'GNABBERWOCKY', 'auto');
ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jaap S
January 2016

Re: Embedding Universal Analytics-trackingcode in Microsoft Word site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply Oren.
As I have a simple private webserver this solution sounds a bit over the top for me.
Meanwhile I have written a simple Python-script that opens all .html-files involved as text and inserts the Google-snippet before uploading.
An effective solution, that won't win any prizes in a beauty contest.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi

You should consider using a server side include derective to include the analytics snippets and other snippets in all pages. How to use server side includes depends on your hosting and the server they use.

A more flexible alternative would be to use a serverside include for a google tag manager snipper and then use the container to include and manage your codes independently of the deployment cycle.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jaap S
January 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply Oren.
As I have a simple private webserver this solution sounds a bit over the top for me.
Meanwhile I have written a simple Python-script that opens all .html-files involved as text and inserts the Google-snippet before uploading.
An effective solution, that won't win any prizes in a beauty contest.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
My pleasure.

Keeping things simple is an important!