AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Ecommerce Tracking Code Implementation

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

Could do with your input.

On this site we have eCommerce tracking code implemented and are using enhanced eCommerce in GA.

We are currently experiencing more transactions in GA than we are login in our CMS which is accurate as it's working off the server.

I am looking at this page - https://www.cartyres.com/tyre-selection?source=home&op=manual-selection I am trying to figure out if the eCommerce code is implemented correctly.

I have seen the universal GA tracking code is on this page 4 times, is this normal? 

Also, what's the best way to test that it's working correctly?

Be great if someone can help. 

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Ecommerce Tracking Code Implementation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Craig P,

I'm not currently seeing any Ecomm activity (impressions, product clicks, add to carts, etc.), also I don't see the four GA tracking codes. I see one in-page GA snippet, and also the GTM snippet.

The only way to really test it is to run test transactions, and make sure that whatever you are tracking (impressions, clickthroughs, adds to cart, removes from cart, transactions) are collected into GA. You could use the developer console, or WASP, or other tools to help you analyze the GA hit payload to see if the ecomm data is there as well, so that you don't have to wait until the data is processed (because it might not even be there at all!).

Hope this helps.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn