Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Remarketing - warning about "ecomm_prodid" and "dynx_itemid" not getting detected.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings,

I get a warning "ecomm_prodid" and "dynx_itemid" elements have not been detected. 

However, when I visit the product detail page in tag debug mode, I see both elements in the 'google_tag_params' (data layer):

Current values of the Data Layer:
{
ecommerce: {
detail: {
products: [
{
name: 'xxxx',
id: 'xxx',
price: '32.76',
brand: 'xxx'
}
]
}

},

event: 'gtm.load',

google_tag_params: {
ecomm_prodid: 'xxx',
ecomm_pagetype: 'product',
ecomm_totalvalue: '32.76',
dynx_itemid: 'xxx',
dynx_pagetype: 'offerdetail',
dynx_totalvalue: '32.76'

},

gtm: {uniqueEventId: 1460414332415, start: 1460414332162}
}

fireRemarketingTag:
{
event: 'fireRemarketingTag',
ecomm_prodid: 'xxx',
ecomm_pagetype: 'product',
ecomm_totalvalue: '32.76',
dynx_itemid: 'xxx',
dynx_pagetype: 'offerdetail',
dynx_totalvalue: '32.76'
}
}

ecommerce: {
detail: {
products: [
{
name: 'Roxtec EZENTRY 4 MINI/4',
id: 'ROXTE-EZENTRY4MINI-4',
price: '32.76',
brand: 'BGBSupply'
}
]
}
}
}

... cart page looks like the following:

Data Layer values after this Message:
{
transactionId: '5809',
transactionAffiliation: 'xxx',
transactionTotal: 32.76,
transactionProducts: [
{
sku: 'xx',
name: 'xx',
category: '',
price: 32.76,
quantity: 1
}
],

event: 'gtm.js',

ecomm_prodid: ['xxx'],
ecomm_quantity: ['1'],
ecomm_pagetype: 'cart',
ecomm_totalvalue: 32.76,
dynx_itemid: ['xxx'],
dynx_pagetype: 'conversion ',
dynx_totalvalue: 32.76
},
gtm: {uniqueEventId: 1460411774060, start: 1460411773759}
}

When I look on the cart page at the tags that fired, I get the following:

Type

AdWords Smart Pixel
Custom Variables

{

ecomm_prodid: ['XXX'],

ecomm_quantity: ['1'],

ecomm_pagetype: 'cart',

ecomm_totalvalue: 32.76,

dynx_itemid: ['XXXX'],

dynx_pagetype: 'conversion ',

dynx_totalvalue: 32.76

}

ID 'XXX'

(Sorry, been trying to add screenshot images to this and can't do it for some reason)

Does any of it look ok? At this point, I'm just trying to figure out if the set-up correct or is it something messed up by the client. 

I've been going back and forth through the docs to implement dynamic remarketing tag through the gtm  and can't honestly make heads or tails out of it anymore.

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dynamic Remarketing - warning about "ecomm_prodid" and "dynx_itemid" not ge

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Did you verify your implementation with Google Tag Assistant?
See https://developers.google.com/adwords-remarketing-tag/verification#verification-using-google-tag-ass...

If you still can't figure our what the issue is, please share your website so we can inspect it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did verify the implementation with Tag Assistant and I get a red warning 'Some products are not valid' in for the re-marketing tag. I think I found a discrepancy between the data feed we're sending and the 'sku' value being passed in the tag. I'll give this a try first. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, after making the changes to what we feed the tag - the proper SKU data that matches the product feed, the exact same errors (described in the title) returned. In the tag inspector I keep getting the same "Some products are not valid" error. The site is here. Thanks in advance for looking at it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

... is there any chance you can inspec it?

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Tomasz,

So I looked at your site and found the following:
- Tag Assistant shows that your tag fires twice, it's not a huge issue but you might want to adjust your triggering rules in Google Tag Manager so that it only fires once.
- It also shows that you are passing custom parameters both for retail (like ecomm_prodid) and Custom (dynx_itemid). That doesn't hurt but Custom seems unnecessary since your site is retail and has a Google Merchant Center feed
- I checked only a few pages but the values you pass via ecomm_prodid seem to match the ids in your Google Merchant Center feed so that's great

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 10.26.08 AM.png

When you look at your AdWords account in Shared Library > Audience > Tag Details button, unfortunately it will only show stats for Google Analytics parameters because you probably created dynamic remarketing attributes via the Google Analytics UI (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6002231?hl=en). Can you try closing these attributes and wait a day or 2, hopefully you should then be able to get agreggate reporting on how the tag parameters match your feed.

- Maxime

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Maxine, when I tried to remove the unnecessary elements following the suggested guide. I'm running into a discrepancy between the guide ( screen grab below ) and the dashboard. Any ideas as to why?

Thanks, t

PS: addim image url from blogger, the UI here won't let me add images.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ja59TcVWQ4o/Vytnmdf7q-I/AAAAAAAABFc/98CgvqdVxcQUBN3_KjP-0Tq_nQSvQkIVQCLcB/s1600/GA-dashborad-no-dyn-remarketing-uder-prop.JPG

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JshjhQoOnCE/VytnmYMkNkI/AAAAAAAABFg/UXWi1zqYdwsBt83W4INFlzoPNHrkXCKMgCLcB/s1600/property-column-from-instructions.JPG