AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm getting an error code from Google Tag Manager saying that the same web property ID is tracked twice.  I looked in the inspector on my site and I can see that my UA tracking code is in there twice.  The problem is, I cannot find it in my site.  I have found it once, in the Insert Headers and Footers plugin where I put it yesterday.  I've checked the header and footer code, but I can't seem to find the second one.

I'm not even sure that makes sense (this whole thing is validating my need to learn to code) and if it doesn't, I'm sorry.  

For reference, I'm using WordPress and my url is sippycupsandsneakers.com

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Melissa J
October 2016

Duplicate tracking code

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

I can't see Google Tag Manager on your site. I can indeed see two instances of the Google Analytics tracking - in the source code, lines 91-97 and 100-106, just after <!-- End Favicon Rotator -->

Could it be that one is implemented through the plugin white the other was manually inserted in the code? 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Melissa J
October 2016

Duplicate tracking code

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

I can't see Google Tag Manager on your site. I can indeed see two instances of the Google Analytics tracking - in the source code, lines 91-97 and 100-106, just after <!-- End Favicon Rotator -->

Could it be that one is implemented through the plugin white the other was manually inserted in the code? 

Duplicate tracking code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That was it!  I didn't realize that the plugin was the problem!  Thank you!

Duplicate tracking code

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

No worries. Have a great weekend.