AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate tracking code

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I need assistance on a site: www.zcreations.co.za

When I view page source I see that the tracking code shows twice.

The site is built on Camilyo and as far as I know there is no plugin on this site.

I am battling to understand where the second tracking code comes from.

I then decided to remove the code from Camilyo the published the site and viewed page source. There is only one code is showing now.

Where do you think the code comes from?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Duplicate tracking code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dangisani M

according to their help docs, they have a setting for adding the tracking code, which just requires the tracking id to be entered

http://help.camilyo.com/tracking-performance

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Duplicate tracking code

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

I can see only one script, yes. It's for the old, Classic GA. Did you use to have hardcoded GA before injecting the script through Camilyo?

There is a new version of GA called Universal Analytics. You should try to migrate to it if possible, which means removing Classic from the site and replacing it with Universal. See link to migration centre below.

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/upgrade/

Let me know if the above helps.

Duplicate tracking code

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@R Rodrigues

it never fails to amaze me the number of platforms that have a user supply the tracking id.. and their platform adds the tracking code

Yet.. the platforms have not yet updated to using Universal Analytics.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here