AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Download Custom Report using API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Team,

I am using Google360 and usually need specific metrics and dimensions, so I was thinking of creating a custom table and then use a reporting api to download. Is it possible to download the entire table using the reporting api or what is the possible solution?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Download Custom Report using API

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Puneet,

For those that don't know a custom table is a 360 only feature that will get you pre-aggreagated data so you don't need to worry about sampling or downloading un-sampled reports via the Management API. 

In your case you also want to access it in the API... which I have not tried.  Just like in the UI, if you ask for something in a standard report (secondary dimensions, etc) that can be satisfied by your custom table it will use it in the API. I think your API request will need to match the table.  If your dataset has more than 10k rows, you'll need to make subsequent requests and pull the data together.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn