4.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Domain alias stats

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I'm not an expert on GA. I have a website with a main domain and 3-4 domain aliases 
I use universal google analytics on the website
I would like to know how to be able to see the visits/visitors per domain

For ex 200 vists coming directly on the main domain, 22 with alias A, 55 with alias B ....

I can't find how to do it. Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Domain alias stats

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

How are the aliases set up? Are they listed under Acquisition -> All Traffic -> Referrals?

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
They are not set up. But in fact if I go in Acquisition -> All Traffic -> Referrals i can see one of the aliases and the visits coming from this alias. So it seems good !

There is nothing else to do so?
Thanks !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
oh and other question.

If i have in referrals 2 visitors coming from site/alias B are those visits included in the main statistics (first page of the report) or excluded ? Thanks !!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

In Acquisition -> All Traffic -> Referrals you can see the alias as the traffic source, the visits will still be counted in the all pages report.

If you are redirecting the aliases to the main domain you can create tagged URLs for each redirected domain to your website using the tool here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en

Something like below will do:
http://www.mainwebsite.com/?utm_source=aliasB&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=redirec...

Then forward your domains to these URLs. You'll see the results under Acquisition -> All Traffic -> Referrals.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital