AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Diffent clients / tracking code + Same site / URL + Same codebase ??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I am a developer for a product that has the same URL / codebase but multiple different clients using that product for them to checkout.

Which client parameters are used are determined by parameters posted to the first page which causes the correct template to load etc.

I am able to program the application so that each client loads their own tracking code based on the supplied parameters - technically that is not an issue and is not the point of this thread.

My question is - if I can implement per client tracking code is it possible to use Google Analytics in the proposed way - would I need to have separate logins for our management account or can I have the same website multiple times ? How would this work in terms of setting up the Google Analytics side ?

Thanks

-Craig Henry

Re: Diffent clients / tracking code + Same site / URL + Same codebase

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Each website / top level domain would map to each property in GA.

You can create different views and add necessary filters to group.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry I don't quite get what you mean.

I've not done a lot with Google Analytics bar basic implementation.

It's *one* single domain that never changes but multiple clients use it so I want to be able to get to a point where each client can see only THEIR data and not the data of other clients.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Approximately how many clients are there?

If the number is large, GA views won't suffice / you may exceed the limit.