AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Destination goal not being tracked due to page redirect?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I set up a destination goal in GA using the "begins with" option. And it's not tracking the conversions we've had the past few days. I know it's not a filter problem nor that I should be using "equal to" or "regular expression."

I'm wondering if it's because the page I'm giving GA as the destination is technically a nonexistent page. It redirects directly to a third party e-commerce site that has a completely different domain than my website. 

Thoughts on this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Destination goal not being tracked due to page redirect?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Can you find your destination page in Behavior -> Site Content -> All Pages?

You can set a page as a destination goal only if it it being tracked.

If you want to track a page which does not exist, you can send a "virtual pageview" to GA when the link is clicked and you can use it as your destination goal. Please check the guide below about virtual pageviews:

https://www.optimizesmart.com/virtual-pageviews-google-analytics-complete-guide/

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital