AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Deprecation of non-Universal libraries

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I’ve been looking for some accurate information about when exactly the non-Universal libraries will be deprecated. I went through the discussions in this community, yet could not find anything specific. Do you maybe have some official references or a timeline of events?

Thanks a lot,

Jurgita

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There was previously stuff on the upgrade info stating universal properties would continue to collect and process data from sites using ga.js tracking code for a minimum of 2yrs after Universal was out of beta and all types of Accounts were upgraded. 
I can no longer find that information though in order to link you to it, so I don't know if that has changed or when ga.js tracking code will no longer continue to work

I'll see if i can find some more info for you

Thanks
Bronwyn :-)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot, Browyn. If you could find more information, that would be much appreciated Smiley Happy

Do you maybe know when were all the accounts upgraded?

Jurgita