Analytics
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Deprecation of non-Universal libraries

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I’ve been looking for some accurate information about when exactly the non-Universal libraries will be deprecated. I went through the discussions in this community, yet could not find anything specific. Do you maybe have some official references or a timeline of events?

Thanks a lot,

Jurgita

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There was previously stuff on the upgrade info stating universal properties would continue to collect and process data from sites using ga.js tracking code for a minimum of 2yrs after Universal was out of beta and all types of Accounts were upgraded. 
I can no longer find that information though in order to link you to it, so I don't know if that has changed or when ga.js tracking code will no longer continue to work

I'll see if i can find some more info for you

Thanks
Bronwyn :-)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot, Browyn. If you could find more information, that would be much appreciated Smiley Happy

Do you maybe know when were all the accounts upgraded?

Jurgita