Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Debugging from a mobile device - is it possible to access an equivalent to GA debugger, dataslayer?

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Hello all,

Something I've been wondering about for a while - is it possible to expose all the hits to GA (in the same way that GA debugger or dataslayer does on a desktop device) when using a mobile device? For example, it would be great if I could see the client ID I've been assigned on my mobile device. This would make troubleshooting and auditing a lot easier.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John W
January 2017

Debugging from a mobile device - is it possible to access an equivalent to GA debugger, dataslayer?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,

Great to hear from you.

Yes, you can connect your mobile device on your web browser and start remote debugging. You can simply plug in your iOS or Android device, and then open the web browser (Safari or Chrome, respectively) on your desktop.

For Android devices: Google has official instructions.

For iOS devices: Simo has written an article about that.

Cheers,

Taavi

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John W
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,

Great to hear from you.

Yes, you can connect your mobile device on your web browser and start remote debugging. You can simply plug in your iOS or Android device, and then open the web browser (Safari or Chrome, respectively) on your desktop.

For Android devices: Google has official instructions.

For iOS devices: Simo has written an article about that.

Cheers,

Taavi

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Brilliant - this looks like a very robust solution; thanks!

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

is there any similar way to debug a Mobile App? So, without a web browser?

Thanks!