AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Custom dimension & cutom metric not getting tracked

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have used custom dimension and custom metric for the first time. I have created the below snippet.

ga('send', 'event', 'Video', inv_currentTime, str,{'dimension1':inv_currentTime});

Here - video is category , inv_currentTime is action and giving exact time and str is event label. But custom dimension isn't getting tracked

This event is getting fired on window unload. Before using custom dimension, I was able to track this event. May I know what is the mistake in such call?

No data is being tracked for the custom dimension I mentioned above and same applies for custom metric also.

Is it possible to pass time as value in custom dimension?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom dimension & cutom metric not getting tracked

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

Have you created the custom dimension in the admin setting for the property?

You can pass any string into the custom dimension.

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/custom-dims-mets#implementa...

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: Custom dimension & cutom metric not getting tracked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have created both custom dimension and metrics but it is replacing the label value if I use above snippet and not getting tracked in reporting section when I create custom report for those dimensions and metrics