Analytics
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Custom dimension & cutom metric not getting tracked

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have used custom dimension and custom metric for the first time. I have created the below snippet.

ga('send', 'event', 'Video', inv_currentTime, str,{'dimension1':inv_currentTime});

Here - video is category , inv_currentTime is action and giving exact time and str is event label. But custom dimension isn't getting tracked

This event is getting fired on window unload. Before using custom dimension, I was able to track this event. May I know what is the mistake in such call?

No data is being tracked for the custom dimension I mentioned above and same applies for custom metric also.

Is it possible to pass time as value in custom dimension?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom dimension & cutom metric not getting tracked

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

Have you created the custom dimension in the admin setting for the property?

You can pass any string into the custom dimension.

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/custom-dims-mets#implementa...

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: Custom dimension & cutom metric not getting tracked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have created both custom dimension and metrics but it is replacing the label value if I use above snippet and not getting tracked in reporting section when I create custom report for those dimensions and metrics