Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Segment or Custom Dimension for Audience > Technology > Network

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Starting a new project where I need to separate traffic for different Users based on with Network they are using. Google Analytics provides a report on Users > Technology > Network, but I my goal is to Segment the users of different networks and their behavior on the Website. Problem is, I cannot do this through a normal custom segment, any suggestions?

My first thought was a Custom Dimension might work, but since the information is already a User Dimension I am hoping there might be an easier way. Any assistance or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Miguel M,

You can use 'Network Domain' dimension in other reports or in your custom reports. Also, you can create a segment with 'Network Domain' dimension to cluster the users but please be sure that your segment is applied on sessions not users.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I wish it were that simple of a solution. In this case the mobile carrier Sprint, has has 77 entries for Service Provider and those have 51 different Network Domains. 

In truth, I understand the user can utilize different Service Providers depending on the wifi or service area in use during a session. But the user network in this case is more important than the session.