AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Segment or Custom Dimension for Audience > Technology > Network

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Starting a new project where I need to separate traffic for different Users based on with Network they are using. Google Analytics provides a report on Users > Technology > Network, but I my goal is to Segment the users of different networks and their behavior on the Website. Problem is, I cannot do this through a normal custom segment, any suggestions?

My first thought was a Custom Dimension might work, but since the information is already a User Dimension I am hoping there might be an easier way. Any assistance or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Miguel M,

You can use 'Network Domain' dimension in other reports or in your custom reports. Also, you can create a segment with 'Network Domain' dimension to cluster the users but please be sure that your segment is applied on sessions not users.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I wish it were that simple of a solution. In this case the mobile carrier Sprint, has has 77 entries for Service Provider and those have 51 different Network Domains. 

In truth, I understand the user can utilize different Service Providers depending on the wifi or service area in use during a session. But the user network in this case is more important than the session.