Analytics
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Custom Dimension is not showing up in GA

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Implemented the Universal Google Analytics For the Phonegap App in index.html using the code

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
          (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
          m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
          })(window,document,'script','http://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');
          var ua='UA-XXXXXXXX-1';

And I am sending the custom dimension with the value as 

ga('create', ua, {'storage': 'none','clientId': device.uuid});
ga('set', 'checkProtocolTask', null);
ga('set','checkStorageTask',null);
ga('set', 'dimension1', 'mydimensionvalue');
ga('send', 'pageview',{ page: pageurl, title:app.$rootScope.pageTitle});

I am able to see the page view in real time, but when I used the custom dimension as secondary dimension in filtering the data , I am not able to see anything. This custom dimension is product scoped.

It was working well with different GA Property before, recently changed the to different GA Property, here it is not working, I created the custom dimension in both the accounts using Admin >>> Custom >>> Custom Dimension. Please help me in this. Thanks in advance For any help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Custom Dimension is not showing up in GA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mohamed,

may I ask why use product scope in this case? It makes sense to use it if you need granular product level info specific for EE implementations.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Zorin Escape:

The main aim of introducing custom dimension (eg: phonegapAppDimension) is to differentiate the traffic from Phonegap and normal website pages.

Need to get the page hits only using t he dimension, but when I use hit or other scope i am not getting data, when i used product I got data, so I used and Now just I moved to different Property from QA to Prod Property.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Mohamed.

in short if you are looking a very granular approach for the dimension use such as send a CD on each hit use hit scope and if you set it only once per session or once per user use session or user scope CD respectively.

In order for this to work you would add a secondary dimensions (hit case) with pageview data so each page dimension value would have a secondary CD value as well.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net