AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Cross domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, I am setting up cross domain tracking for both of my web properties in analytics.

Once it is done, do I need to re-install the new UA code back into each page of both websites or will it do it automatically?

Also, I have made a new goal but it isn't tracking conversions for some reasons, it's very upsetting. How long will it take to show in the analytics? It says the goal has had a 0.56% conversion rate in the past 7 days when I only created it two days ago but I did a test conversion 30 minutes ago so I think it's tracking that, but it doesn't actually show any conversions in analytics. Very confused guys please help, thanks so much!

Reza

1 Expert replyverified_user

Cross domain

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

For setting up cross domain tracking please see the document below:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034342?hl=en

You need to modify the tracking code as it is described in the document. Make sure you use the same property ID on both domains.

Regarding your other question, there is a delay in processing in GA that can take 24-48 hours, usually the data appears in a few hours, you just need to wait.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital