Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Cross Domain Tracking for affliates

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a sales site that is linked to by many affiliates.  We implemented a feature to allow them to give us their analytics ID and we would give them page data on any traffic they sent to us.  This function has been working for 8 months.  We recently upgraded our production servers from win 2008 to win 2012.  Application code was not changed.  Once the server moved our affiliates stopped getting traffic reported back to them.  Is there some server validation they need to do to accept the traffic from a different domain?  Something else we missed?

Here is the code from the first page view:

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-XXXXXXX-XX', 'auto');

ga('set', 'forceSSL', true);

ga('require', 'ec');

ga('require', 'displayfeatures');

ga('send', 'pageview');

ga('create', 'UA-NNNNNNN-NN', 'auto', {'name': 'AgentTracker'});

ga('AgentTracker.require', 'ec');ga('AgentTracker.send', 'pageview');

Thanks for your time,

Mark