Analytics
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Cross Domain Tracking for Hundreds of Domains while hiding the data from each other.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have hundreds of clients on a shared hosting server who process online transactions through a shared SSL domain. A lot of the clients would like to track their visitor's throughout the checkout process when their customers checkout on the secure domain so they can know the % of people who are completing/exiting the checkout process.

I assume that the best way to do this is cross-domain tracking. However the issue is that I don't want clients to be able to view visitor data for other client transactions.

For example, let's say we have 2 client domains: bob.com and dave.com. When their customers checkout they get sent to secure-checkout-domain.com

• I want the owner of bob.com to be able to track the customers from his site who checkout on secure-checkout-domain.com but hide the visitor data from dave.com.
  • Alternately, I want the owner of dave.com to be able to track the customers from his site who checkout on secure-checkout-domain.com but hide the visitor data from bob.com.
  • This needs to be the case for hundreds of domains. Tracking conversion data for hundreds of clients without allowing those clients to access all analytics data from secure-checkout-domain.com.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cross Domain Tracking for Hundreds of Domains while hiding the data from each other.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Can you have them return to the original domain for the receipt? That way you could just use referral exclusion and you'd be all set. Otherwise cross domain requires a common tracker where ALL data would collect. So in addition to an unwieldy, nightmare cross domain setup, you'd need an unwieldy, nightmare API reporting setup.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2795830?hl=en

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn