Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Cross Domain Tracking - Working on one path while not for the others

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

As our website,en.emie.com will go to other domain for the payment process. I've just set up cross domain tracking for the websites by tag manager.

However, when I was testing, I found that only 1 out of 2 path can have success cross domain tracking.

Path 1(no problem in cross domain tracking):

emie button1.jpgemie button1_result.jpg

Path 2(not success in cross domain tracking)

emie button2_step1.jpgemie button2_step2.jpgemie button2_result.jpg

So in the second path, there is no _ga parameter added to the url. Can you please tell me if this is related to the difference in html between the 2 buttons or other setting problem?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author man wai s
May 2016

Re: Cross Domain Tracking - Working on one path while not for the others

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

yes the difference in HTML elements makes it impossible for the autolink plugin to decorate the button element. In the case of the button you will probably need to manually decorate the element with the _ga parameter or try some other options (I seem to noticed that there is an additional redirect there which may prevent a simple method to be used).

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author man wai s
May 2016

Re: Cross Domain Tracking - Working on one path while not for the others

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

yes the difference in HTML elements makes it impossible for the autolink plugin to decorate the button element. In the case of the button you will probably need to manually decorate the element with the _ga parameter or try some other options (I seem to noticed that there is an additional redirect there which may prevent a simple method to be used).

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net