Analytics
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Cross Domain Tracking Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
My nonprofit needs help implementing cross domain tracking for either free or a very inexpensive rate. We currently have our website on one domain but our donation forms are on a second domain. We currently have no source information as it relates to where our donations are coming from and need this information to make informed decisions.

I've read some articles and watched some videos on how to implement this myself and think there's something I'm missing.

Help! Thanks,

iris

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Iris,

I would always recommend providing more detail to your question so the community can try to understand your problem a bit better.

Depends on the donation domain integration. If you can add customer javascript code to the donation domain then you may need to implement cross domain tracking. 

Alternatively you would have to redirect your customers to a page on your domain once they have donated.

Please provide more information.

Thanks,

Adam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Andrew, I'm 100% positive we need to implement cross domain tracking. 

The details are really that we have our website/primary domain as one URL and our donation forms are on a second platform, which uses a second domain and I need the two sites to communicate so that the Client ID does not get reset when someone goes from our website to the donation form. I need this ID to stay intact and to create a funnel, not a second session.

Thanks,
iris