AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Cross Domain Tracking - GA and Tag Manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to track cross domain activity between 2 sites. The GA account is already put into place on both websites, as well as the additional data layer (I think). The problem is that we don't have any access to implement code changes. Assuming it's all placed correctly, where can I see it in GA? If not, can I re-enter the tag in GTM or would that cause problems due to that same property already being on the website outside of GTM?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Cross Domain Tracking - GA and Tag Manager

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

If everything is set up correctly, and you've added both domains to the referral exclusion list then you'll be able to track the user activity when they move across the domains in a single session. No new session will be triggered when the user is moving across the domains.

If you want to see full URLs in the reports, create a new view and set up a filter like described in the document below:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1012243?hl=en

Hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital