AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Create a filter view excluding a URL

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, 

I am trying to create a Filter View by excluding a URL. Is this possible and if so, can someone lead me in the right direction as to how to create it! 

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Create a filter view excluding a URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Kelly B,

Yes, it's possible create a view that excludes a certain URL. Say you want to exclude the URL "http://www.example.com". You would then create your filter in GA by selecting "Add Filter" > Create new Filter > Custom > Exclude > Hostname, and then enter the URL you want to exclude (eg. "www.example.com"). Then verify and save it. That filters out ALL traffic where the hostname is "www.example.com". If you want to exclude only subfolders in that domain (eg. www.example.com/filter/this), then you would change your Exclude type to "Request URI", and you would use the value "/filter/this".

Post back here if you have any questions or problems.

Hope this helps.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn