Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Correct scope for custom dimension

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, 

The website of my company is separated by country, every country with its own path, for example: "/country-1/xxxx/xxxx", "/country-2/xxxx/xxxx", etc. Based on IP Address, an user will be redirected to an specific country. If an IP address doesn't match with any country the user will be prompt for selecting a country. Ideally and user would not change of country, but there is a selector for change it.

Currently we have different views for every country, but we would like to have a consolidated view with data of all countries, creating dashboard with data separated by country. Basically, we want to check data as bounce rate, goals, etc, similar than adding "Country" dimension, for example.

I was thinking to create a custom dimension (any other idea?). But I'm not sure what kind of scope should I use.

Thanks,

Re: Correct scope for custom dimension

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Oscar_M,

Am I to understand correctly that the structure follows after a common domain name? If so, you can just target the entire domain and continue to filter each country path url as you currently are.

Let me know if that helps!

Nick

Re: Correct scope for custom dimension

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi @nick_C, thanks for the answer.

Yes, the structure follows a common domain name and we have different views filter by each country and we have a "All Website Data" view with data not filtered. The thing is, we would like to have, for example, a dashboard with metrics of all countries, but separated by country, for example goal completions by custom metric country (does it make sense?).

Thanks,