Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Conversion URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've recently engaged a company to help me manage my bookings. They implemented an iFrame to my website but gave me the following instructions to do the integration:

Google Analytics
Copy & paste the Google Analytics code to track click and purchase conversions. 

In order to track clicks and purchase conversions, please register conversion URLs.
Track clicks: (/click_listing_cv)
Track purchase conversions: (/pro_purchase_cv)

[Google Analytics code here]

I'm confused on the portion about the conversion URLs? What should I do with  "/click_listing_cv"? Any help will be greatly appreciated! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Conversion URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Junyan , 

If i understood correctly your developer wants you to create goals for each of the specific URLs visited. I don't know what page /click_list_cv is but could it be the equivalent of "add to cart" . 

If they want you to create goals based on URL visits then please see the following guide: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1116091?hl=en 

Additionally please make sure you carefully do some testing to see that the goals register since iFrames are infamously known to be tricky when it comes to goal tracking. 

Let me know if this helps! 

- Josh

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Conversion URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Joshua,

Thanks a lot for your reply! I've gotten the chance to look at the article but I'm still a little bit confused. Should my Google Analytics code look something like this?

<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-71401893-1', 'auto');
ga('send', 'pageview',' /pages/calendar_frame?cal_id=310501');

</script>

Otherwise, am I doing something wrongly?

Thank you in advanced!
-Junyan