Analytics
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Content Experiments A/B split testing - force 50/50?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to force google to serve 50/50 equal impressions for an A/B test?

Thanks

Re: Content Experiments A/B split testing - force 50/50?

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
While creating an experimetn you can configure: Percentage of traffic to experiment

'This controls how many people who visit your site see one of your test pages, including your original page. Everyone else will see your original page. If you want quicker results, you might want to include a higher proportion of your visitors in the experiment. However, if your experiment is drastic and risky, you might want to include only a small proportion of your site's visitors.'

In advanced options you can 'Distribute traffic evenly across all variations': Enable this option to assign an equal amount of traffic to each variation for the life of the experiment.

Re: Content Experiments A/B split testing - force 50/50?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks A T. I'm running a new experiment with 'Distribute traffic evenly across all variations' turned on, however, the split between variations is 80/40. Can anyone advise why the impressions are not equal 50/50?

Content Experiments A/B split testing - force 50/50?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I confirmed this tip from google:

In the “Advanced Options” tool, you can control how to divide the traffic by turning on the “Distribute traffic” toggle button. Enable this option to assign an equal amount of traffic to each variation for the life of the experiment.

If this button is left disabled, content experiments will follow the default behavior by adjusting traffic dynamically based on variation performance.