Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Compare two Event Categories with a filter on the event action

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, but I have been googling the hell out of this one and cant find a solution.

I am trialing GA as a way of plotting basic data correlations on a project I am working on. Currently there are two event categories, 'start' and 'end' with the event action being used to different the event type. The event label is then a user and the value is a timer, both are irrelevant for my question.

I want to plot correlations between my two categories over time, with the event action as a filter. In essence show the two categories for a specific event action, and if possible export this data numerically too, although that would be a bonus.

Could anyone please either talk me through it in simple terms, or point me in the direction of an easy to digest resource?

On the other hand if it sounds like I am using GA for something it is not designed for please do let me know Smiley Happy

Cheers

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Compare two Event Categories with a filter on the event action

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Sam,

Us GA for whatever you like as long as you don't pass in personally identifiable data. Smiley Happy

It sounds like you have the data collection down pat, but just need to get your data out for analysis in a usable form, is that correct?

Have you looked at using a custom report or the API?

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn