AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Community Pages

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I have community page where people can post the queries, which has to be answered by support team.

Can I?

Get details of no. of posts resolved/Avg time spent on first response/Avg time of resolution.

Let me know if I have to add some code to get these tracked or any plug-ins etc

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author madhu v
August 2016

Re: Community Pages

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Madhu,

I would test it, but hypothetically yes. That is, if you are creating a metric for submitTime and resolveTime and then subtracting, it should work. What's unknown is how exactly this would roll into the reporting you need - that is would it meet your need in aggregate. There are many ways to tweak GA to have it do what you need, you could do what I suggested but also send transaction data for each submission, etc. How exactly to do it depends on what you need.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Best,
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Madhu,

Well I would not use GA natively for this just because of the way it processes time on page etc and the fact that users and responders would be counted equally. I'm actually surprised that this is not built into the platform.

That said, you could use custom dimensions and metrics to set a timestamp on when it was submitted and completed and either do the math or use a calculated metric to do it for you.

Some references:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2709828?hl=en
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6121409?hl=en

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you Ben,

Appreciate your response... Even then If I create a calculated metric for this.. are the results are least accurate.. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author madhu v
August 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Madhu,

I would test it, but hypothetically yes. That is, if you are creating a metric for submitTime and resolveTime and then subtracting, it should work. What's unknown is how exactly this would roll into the reporting you need - that is would it meet your need in aggregate. There are many ways to tweak GA to have it do what you need, you could do what I suggested but also send transaction data for each submission, etc. How exactly to do it depends on what you need.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Best,
Connect on LinkedIn