AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Combine/Separate Reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am very new to Google Analytics so I apologize if this is a silly question.

Right now I have Google Analytics set up with Wordpress and it is working wonderfully and as expected. However, I will soon be launching a new web app under the domain of the same website... What is the "correct" way to go about monitoring them together/separately? Meaning is it possible to view a report of the website + the web app in one, but then be able to view each of the separately if I wanted?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Combine/Separate Reports

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

separate GA property for app and the website would be the right way to do it.

http://chrisburbridge.com/google-analytics-understanding-accounts-vs-properties-vs-profiles/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
However please keep in mind they are under the same domain name, and I would like to view a combined report of the two... Is that possible doing it that way?

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

By web app you mean a subdomain/subsite, I read it as mobile app.

For combined report, you can use the same property.