AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Classic GA vs. Universal - Any Implementation Caveats?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am hoping some of you can provide insight.  I was recently work with a website that went from the ga.js to analytics.js. a few months back.  Recently, when checking GA I can see a / added to the urls.  The actual urls on the site do not have the /.  I mentioned this to a programmer and they stated the / could have happened when upgrading to Universal.  Has anyone else heard or seen this?  I would think the script would have had to had the / added in.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Classic GA vs. Universal - Any Implementation Caveats?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Christopher G,

I don't believe UA adds a "/" to the URL (and I haven't heard of it doing it before either). It could be something that the admin configured either under Property Settings or View Settings. Check there first. If that's not the issue, and if the slash is bothersome, then you may need to consider applying a filter to remove it.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn