AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Cannot get configuration file

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay so I'm new to analytics and wanted to implement some in one of my Android apps. I was following the instructions on this page- https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/android/v4/ - but when I click the "get a configuration file" button I get taken to a page where the spinner keeps rotating and nothing further happens. I'm registered and signed in on the analytics site and also I have linked my google play developer console and app to analytics.

I looked at an online tutorial and it seems like I should see a screen which allows me to select the app for which I want to generate the config file. 

Any ideas what the issue might be?

Re: Cannot get configuration file

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you try restarting the browser.

I just tried and it worked for me:

Android
Create or choose app
Choose services
Download config files

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I've even tried rebooting the computer and running the browser first without any other programs and still same result. I;m guessing it is possibly something to do with my machine specifically. Does it require specific Java libraries or something else to make it work. I've tried Chrome, IE and Firefox - all are stuck.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Still stuck. I even tried my mobile device and it is stuck on that also .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Have you found any solution? I'm confronting with the same issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No not found a solution yet. I sent a message to tech support at Google - if and when I hear back I will post an update. Since it seems to be affecting other people I'm guessing the issue at Google's end - either that or something at their end combined with something specific on people's individual machines causing this.