Analytics
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Cannot get configuration file

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay so I'm new to analytics and wanted to implement some in one of my Android apps. I was following the instructions on this page- https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/android/v4/ - but when I click the "get a configuration file" button I get taken to a page where the spinner keeps rotating and nothing further happens. I'm registered and signed in on the analytics site and also I have linked my google play developer console and app to analytics.

I looked at an online tutorial and it seems like I should see a screen which allows me to select the app for which I want to generate the config file. 

Any ideas what the issue might be?

Re: Cannot get configuration file

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you try restarting the browser.

I just tried and it worked for me:

Android
Create or choose app
Choose services
Download config files

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I've even tried rebooting the computer and running the browser first without any other programs and still same result. I;m guessing it is possibly something to do with my machine specifically. Does it require specific Java libraries or something else to make it work. I've tried Chrome, IE and Firefox - all are stuck.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Still stuck. I even tried my mobile device and it is stuck on that also .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Have you found any solution? I'm confronting with the same issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No not found a solution yet. I sent a message to tech support at Google - if and when I hear back I will post an update. Since it seems to be affecting other people I'm guessing the issue at Google's end - either that or something at their end combined with something specific on people's individual machines causing this.