AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Cannot find code in the page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I would like to have your opinion about something I am stuck with: I am working on this site http://www.gianlucatognon.com/ which was recently redesigned. I checked Analytics and data seem to be flowing in regularly. However, I cannot find the tracking code nowhere in the source code; i also checked in the worpress theme setting and the field for analytics/tag manager is empty.

Any idea where this site may be getting the tracking code from?

Thank you

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Elio,

Your site doesn't have GA tracking code. are you sure that you are using correct account?

It is not possible to track data without tracking code and you are also aware of it.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Santosh,

thank you for your reply. Yes, I am pretty sure the account is correct. Furthermore, when I check for example the landing pages in analytics, I can see the URLs of the site, exactly as if the code was actually in the pages. That's also why I'm getting confused: I don't know where this tracking is coming from. It is true that the original configuration of the site before the migration was pretty messed up so this maybe may have something to do with it. I'm a bit clueless at the moment.

Thanks again