AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Can we install different google analytics code in one site but different pages?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have a eCommerce website where we have created different landing pages for dealers like:

www.abc.com/a/

www.abc.com/b/

www.abc.com/c/

www.abc.com/d/

and so on. I want my dealers will check only their pages not all. So, is it possible to create different google analytics codes for all the different dealers. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author yugam
March 2017

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi yugam,

Soumik gave you good advice here; however, you have a limit of 25 views.  If the user always stays within the one sub directory then you could dual track.  This is best done via GTM.  You can have a global rollup for all sites to which you would have access; and a separate account or property for each dealer to which they would have access.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

No need to install different GA code for each page.

Just create separate views for each of your dealer,then create a filter that will only include traffic to subdirectory /a/,/b/,/c/,/d/ etc and it will work

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author yugam
March 2017

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi yugam,

Soumik gave you good advice here; however, you have a limit of 25 views.  If the user always stays within the one sub directory then you could dual track.  This is best done via GTM.  You can have a global rollup for all sites to which you would have access; and a separate account or property for each dealer to which they would have access.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would agree to Theo and install GTM on all the pages and manage the analytics code via tags inside GTM with individual triggers for each dealers.