Analytics
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Can I separately track three Categories of my Website Guest Authors, Staff and Community data in GA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to track three different type of publishing medium in google analytics i.e. Staff, Guest Authors and Community so should I set a custom dimension for it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Can I separately track three Categories of my Website Guest Authors, Staff and Community data in GA?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Mayank,

Depending on how the posts/articles are published, you may be able to use other methods like content grouping; that said, this is a good fit for a hit level Custom Dimension.  You can either set it in the code or by using GTM and the dataLayer or use data import (data import would require you to always upload your new pages and authors).

Best,

Theo Bennett

More on data import

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: Can I separately track three Categories of my Website Guest Authors, Staff and Community data in

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Theo,

Thanks for your advice. With Content Grouping, The content published in
these three tags can be categorized using extraction?

Regards,
Mayank

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

• freejobsolution2@gmail.com arrow_drop_down

2K members online now

Welcome to the Official Google Advertiser Community