Analytics
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Can I get more granular than a city level for app downloads count?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My app accompanies a service that is provided by different vendors to their customers. The service is deployed in many locations, and many times by several different brands in the same city.

I would like to be able to count the number of app downloads *per location*, meaning more granular than a city level.

Is that possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rachel B
March 2016

Re: Can I get more granular than a city level for app downloads count?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Rachel,

Not entirely clear on the scenario; that said, if you can uniquely identify the location and pass it as a custom dimension that should work either natively or by using data join to push in more information later.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rachel B
March 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Rachel,

Not entirely clear on the scenario; that said, if you can uniquely identify the location and pass it as a custom dimension that should work either natively or by using data join to push in more information later.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Theo. I will try to use custom dimensions; thanks for introducing me to this option.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Rachel,

You got it! Also I forgot to include the link to developer resources but I'm sure you found it Smiley Happy

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/custom-dims-mets#implementa...

Best,

Theo Bennett

Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I asked y developers to check this out, and here is what they said:
After investigating the current Analytics SDK , this “Custom-dims-mets” method is not eligible for app downloads , app downloads is only by city level since it’s using IP Address.
Any suggestions?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Rachel,

If there is any way that you know the location other than IP -- which you cannot store in GA -- perhaps from QR Code, WiFi, etc. you can pass something that does not personally identify the user into a custom dimension. This can be a location code, store number, brand, etc.

Since I really do not know how your app works or what the process is, it's hard to say more. Smiley Sad

Theo
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi Since the end of 2015, the whole of our customers saw appearing the images.google sources and images.google.fr in their sources report of traffic.
Is one of the questions which was asked why “images.google” has a support organic whereas images.google.fr has a support referral?
Normally, it would be expected that the two sources have the same support “organic”.
Question 1: which is the difference between images.google and images.google.fr
Question 2: why is there a difference also in the support?
Question 3: which solutions could one set up Re-to segment the two sources?