AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Buonce rate dropped significantly

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I noticed that my bounce dropped significantly, and am wondering what might have caused this to happen.

Site: https://liveramp.com

The site has both the Universal Analytics code and Google Tag Manager container code implemented. Could this be causing the issue?

Thoughts?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Bryan S,

I took a look at your website and I see that you have multiple GA pageviews(with the same property) that are being triggered. This is the reason of your problem.

Yes, that can cause this. If you want to use multiple GA tracking on your website, you need to use named tracker for each additional Google Analytics trackers.

I hope this helps to solve your issue.

Regards

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Guney,

Thank you SO much for the response. I really appreciate it.

What do you mean by multiple GA pageviews (with the same property)? I only see one UA code (UA-23899090-1).

Thoughts?

Re: Buonce rate dropped significantly

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Bryan S,

You're welcome. 

Let me explain what is going on your website.

1. You have have 2 Google Analytics tracking snippets(one is coming through your Google Tag Manager and other one is directly on your page after the footer tag ) on your website and this is causing the bounce rate issue because GA pageview command is being triggered multiple times. 

2. I guess you are using a plugin for vimeo (for the videos) and it is loading an iframe that has classic google analytics with property id 'UA-7XXX1-35'. This does not create a problem for you since it is inside the iframe and it is classic google analytics not universal. I just wanted to let you know in case you need.

As a solution, please remove one of the google analytics tracking snippets(the one from GTM or the one directly on your pages) that you do not need.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

This makes sense to me now. Thank you for explaining for me.

If I remove the GA script that's hard coded, will that mess with any of my GA data besides bounce rate? I want to make sure I don't lose any traffic data.

Thoughts?

Thanks again for all of your help! Smiley Happy