5.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Bounce rate too low

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Since we have redesigned our site, the bounce rate went down to between 2 and 10% which doesn't seem possible. (Drop-off rate is still extremely high.)

Can anyone help with troubleshooting this?

I have noticed in the source code that it has the tracking code there with two different UA numbers. (not sure what the second one is from or how to remove it) could this be connected or does it sound like something else?

Re: Bounce rate too low

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

You can easily debug on the website with GA debugger:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jnkmfdileelhofjcijamephohjechhna

You can check in chrome, console tab with 'Preserve log' turned ON.

Also have you implemented any event tracking?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @sunshine,

This is usually an indication that something went wrong with the implementation. In most cases this is caused by a duplicate tracking code (Same UA code twice). Having two different UA codes should not cause this.

Reasons include:
* Duplicate tracking code
* iFrame is embedded which also fires a pageview
* Google Tag Manager installed along side your Google Analytics code
* Check your custom event tracking, - If you have an event that is far too simple to fire like a scroll, pop up or hover over this may cause an engagement which means the user did not bounce.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply.

I'm not code savvy and didn't really understand the information in GA debugger though on Google Tag Assistant it tells me that my account has two page view requests (also shows as two page view hits in the report.) How come it doesn't classify that as an error though?

Thanks for your assistance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The problem is that I can't understand why there would be two page views for that one account, the source code is definitely only there once for that UA number...

Any ideas??

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sunshine, I sent you a message on hangouts