AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Best approach to track dynamic surveys with same urls

RFK
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
RFK
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a site which contains all kind of surveys/wizards. 

The wizards are presented in a lightbox popup. So, all the action is done with Ajax. People are presented question by question. Depending on the answer they give, the next question will be shown. So, each visitor can have a different path to the end of the survey. For instance, some people might only see 3 questions while others will have to answer 12 questions. 

You understand I want to track the quality of the wizards. Therefore, I want to implement Analytics in order to achieve this. I was thinking about doing virtual pageviews for each new question, but i am not sure if that's the way the go. Are events the right approach?

I want to be able to track where visitors leave the wizard and what answers/questions the have given before closing the wizard.

What's the best approach for this?

Re: Best approach to track dynamic surveys with same urls

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Event tracking can be a good option.

some reference: https://webengage.com/survey/features/ga-integration.html

[ Edited ]
RFK
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
RFK
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's a pretty neat solution. Thanks!

The only disadvantage of this solution is that I can't analyse if people left question 6 (for instance) for that particular path.

For instance:

Visitor X
Question 1: A -> Question 2: B -> Question 3: D -> Question 4: A -> Question 5: C -> Question 6: visitor leaves

Visitor Y:
Question 1: B -> Question 2: C -> Question 3: D -> Question 4: A -> Question 5: C -> Question 6: visitor leaves

Visitor Z:
Question 1: D -> Question 6: D -> Question 7: D

So, visitor X and Y almost give same the same answers, but are tired of answering. So, they leave with question 6.

Visitor Z on the other hand, is presented a shorter version and he continues to question 7.

From this simple data example, i can conclude that (probably) the path was too long for visitor X and Y.

Is this kind of analyses possible with the event solution?

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I think Events flow report can answer that.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2521316?hl=en