AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Are there any browsers/versions where GA transaction tag doesn't execute via GTM?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We're looking at a website that has a difference between Magento and GA Revenue data.

One of the possible reasons we've been given is that: There are certain devices/browser/browser versions where GA transaction tag does not fire.

Can anyone help me understand what would be such devices/browser & versions?

Thanks.

Are there any browsers/versions where GA transaction tag doesn't execute via GTM?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Adil,

GA reports from your selected time zone where magento might report on a different time zone which might cause discrepancies in your revenue data. 

If you are using GTM ensure you have the correct triggers for mobile pages as some sites use a m. extension.

I would do a console.log somewhere in the transaction tag or make a tag with the same trigger and check the tag fires in console etc.. that way you can confirm if it is device related. Another work around would be to use Jquery if you are using JS which eliminates browser compatibility issues.

Thanks,

A