AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Application Name and Version

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I create applications, not web sites so I use the Measurement Protocol in my applications.

Most often the applications are installed on kiosk-computers in a mall or at a museum, so there is only one instance of the application.

I use the customers GA-accounts for the deployed instances of the application, but for testing I use my companys account and I would like to use the same Tracking ID for all of my test-installations.

In the Measurement Protocol, you can send Application Name and Application Version and I can see the Version in the repors, but I can't see the Application Name anywhere.

Does anybody know where to find the Application Name?

Regards,

/Lars

Application Name and Version

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

The "Application Name" dimension is simply called "App Name" in the Analytics interface. You can setup a custom report using the App Name and App Version as dimensions, and e.g. Sessions or Users as metrics.

If there are no values logged in Analytics for "App Name", then you should validate your API call. You can verify it here:

https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/hit-builder/