AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Append Page Title to URL to display as unique url value for funnel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are using GA to track our Applicant Tracking System (Taleo) Application Flow, once a Candidate enters the application flow the Page URI in GA is static (/careersection/careersection/candidateacquisition/flow.jsf). We would like append the Page Title (Welcome,Upload Resume, Personal Information, Thank You), ie 

/careersection/careersection/candidateacquisition/flow.jsf/?page=Welcome

I can see that these values ( Welcome, Upload Resume, Personal Information ) are being passed to the dimension Page Title, But we need the value in the Page URI to build Funnel.

Our current code is as follows.

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-XXXXXXX-XX', 'auto');
ga('send', 'pageview', location.pathname);

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Chris,

document.location.pathname is already sent as the page without specifying.  You could try to change this to document.title instead or write code to do it more dynamically and pass in as a param as you suggest.  That is, evaluate the value of document.title and use that to pass in a conditional value.  Have you developers do that.... or move to GTM, and do it in a lookup table... easy peasy.   Smiley Happy

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: Append Page Title to URL to display as unique url value for funnel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We cannot maintain the snippet ourselves, Oracle Consolting does it on our behalf. We will be adding the following to the code. Hope this works

ga('send', { 'hitType': 'pageview', 'page': '/careersection/careersection/candidateacquisition/flow.jsf/?page=Welcome/', 'title': 'Welcome' });
  ga('send', { 'hitType': 'pageview', 'page': '/careersection/careersection/candidateacquisition/flow.jsf/?page=Qualifications/', 'title': 'Qualifications' });
  ga('send', { 'hitType': 'pageview', 'page': '/careersection/careersection/candidateacquisition/flow.jsf/?page=Resume Upload/', 'title': 'Resume Upload' });
  ga('send', { 'hitType': 'pageview', 'page': '/careersection/careersection/candidateacquisition/flow.jsf/?page=Personal Information/', 'title': 'Personal Information' });

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Well if that's the case you could always just ask them to place a customized version after each interaction as you've outlined and point them to this reference if they have questions:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/pages#modifying_page_urls

Cheers,

Theo

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn