AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Any idea how to execute URL masking in an A/B Experiment?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I am doing a landing page experiment where I redirect 100% of traffic to one of three landing pages.  My issue is that the URL looks so sloppy.  I was doing this earlier on optimizely, and at least they only showed the small variations (ie. naked.fit vs. naked.fit/land2) but the google URL is really bad (ie. http://naked.fit/land3?utm_expid=114748219-1.Ax5dtFQGT-y39XIbzVcOvg.2).  Our goal isn't testing so much as giving users different landing pages to keep things fun, though we do want to track email sign ups.

TL;DR How can I mask the URL so that all of them appear to be naked.fit ?

I've read a lot of articles about this sort of thing (and some stuff on server side), but nothing seems to be working.  It seems like there might be some sort of code I could inject that could do the trick, but I have yet to find it.  BTW, my site is powered by squarespace.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!! Smiley Very Happy

Re: Any idea how to execute URL masking in an A/B Experiment?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We just did this recently. What we did was to duplicate our homepage twice over in our CMS while renaming the new pages to something relevant. In this case we had our homepage at www.domain.com, and the two duplicates at www.domain.com/homepage & www.domain.com/index. Then when we created the experiment we set it up to use the three different pages instead of one.