Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics tracks only some purchases of an ecommerce

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I use google analytics to track the purchases of an ecommerce.

The "Tag assistant" plugin for chrome checks the pages of the site and return ok.

The configuration of google analytics and the site are correct.

I use "wordpress", "woocommerce" and "woocommerce google analytics integration" plugin.

The problem is that from January there were 20 effective purchases, but only 2 of them were tracked by Google Analytics, in different time: one in May and the other in July, the first one by mobile and the other one by desktop.

These two purchases are identical to the others and there is nothing strange in the purchases. 

During these period from May, the Woocommerce Google Analytics Integration Plugin hasn't been updated, but in another eCommerce with the same plugin of the same version installed, everything works fine.

Do you have any idea of this odd behavior?

Can you suggest a method to make some check? 

Re: Analytics tracks only some purchases of an ecommerce

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nicola,

Did you go through the whole process with the Tag Assistant until you reached the thank you page? If there are different payment methods, you should go through all of them.

Some other tools that might help you - HotJar, WASP, Screaming Frog.

Hope this helps.
Taavi