Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics tracking code is broken!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For several month now I have noticed that the Analytics tracking code is not reporting all our referral traffic (e.g. from Facebook) to our Wordpress blog (the tracking code in our website is all fine).

Few month ago when calling the Adwords team for a different matter they told me the Analytics tracking code in our blog was broken, although it looked well - but it was broken for any reason (they didn't tell me why).

I don't understand from where this issue comes from, however I should highlight that we implemented a WordPress theme (Simple article) approximately two years ago. As we didn't have many traffic (nor any from Facebook) at that time, I'm not entirely sure that it's related.

Any help?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Analytics tracking code is broken!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Laurent,

If you check your site using Google Tag Assistant or GA debugger Chrome extensions you'll see that both of them are reporting errors. You are using the Yoast Google Analytics plugin, try to install the tracking code from Google Analytics (Admin -> Tracking Info -> Tracking Code) to see if the error is still there. If there are no errors then most likely there is a conflict between the Yoast plugin and another Wordpress plugin you have installed. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Analytics tracking code is broken!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Arnold,

Thank you for your reply. I've deactivated all the plugins at the same time and the error is still here. I even uninstalled the Yoast Google Analytics plugin and added the code on the Simple Article (my Wordpress theme) admin panel Analytics tracking code section, but still nothing. I even tried with the old Analytics code (we never know) but nothing.

When looking at the Google Tag Assistant extension, as you suggested, it says: 'No HTTP response detected'. What exactly does it mean?

Also, when looking at the GA debugger extension, it seems it finds the code twice as it says 'Tracking ID not set. Aborting hit' twice (not sure about what it means). The only tracking code I know is now set on the Simple Article admin panel Analytics tracking code section, as I said. When I delete this code, the GA debugger extension still detect it once, but I don't know where it is!