AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics/tag manager showing old tags that do not exist in the code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have taken over the running a a couple of websites. I have set up a new analytics account and updated the tag information on the sites. (I believe there my have been an old analtics account tracking the sites). I am getting no data on my analytics page and tag manager is reporting finding multiple and conflictingf tags on some pages and no tags on others. When I check the code in my browser the tage looks to all be correct Any Clues/Help greatly recieved.

Thanks

Dan

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi @Dan L,

please check if you for multiple tracking codes present on your site, and also make sure if you are using tag manager you have created a pageview tag for google analytics to send reports to GA. you can use Google Tag Assistant to check for the correct implementation of tracking codes. 

let us know further about the progress

kind regards

Noman karim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Norman

Thanks for your response. I was just righting a response to say that I checked it, thought I would doulbe check it and now its showing to sets of script. I am guessing teh first time I checked My PC may have cached the code :-)

Cheers for your help, Have a good day.

Dan