AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics suddenly not collecting data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of my websites suddenly flatlined in Google Analytics. I checked the source code, and noticed that the code was in the wrong spot. Dev team added correct code to the correct spot, cleared cache & checked real time reports but GA is still not collecting any data. No filters, no exclusions. 

Admin -> tracking code says "receiving traffic" but realtime reports do not reflect this. 

Any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You can check if the tracking tag on the site is working properly using the Google Tag Assistant Chrome extension.

Real time report is not always reliable, if your tracking tag is working then you should see the data appearing in the reports.

There is a delay in processing, it can take a few hours for the data to appear.

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would it take a few hours for the tag to appear in the Tag Assistant also? I'm seeing no tag found =/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I called Google - the tracking code is correct and implemented correctly, but there is no http response, and no one can figure out why.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Can you share your site URL? I can look into it for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

link below:

link 

google rep also said they detected additional tracking scripts in an ifram (not ours)

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Your tracking tag is installed properly and it seems that the problem is the tracking code inserted through this js file: http://s3.amazonaws.com/smarteragent.mobiledetect/prompt.js?id=205

Let me know if we can try without that file or if the tracking tag can be removed from it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you mean that particular tracking code is causing the correct code to stop functioning? (I don't recognize the code in that file - that's not mine)

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Yes, it is more than likely that the tracking code in that file is causing the issue.