AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics stopped working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My analytic stats stopped working suddenly on the 29th of june. 

I changed the template on my website, but I added back my analytic code in a widget right away.

I tried the Google tag assistant. it finds three different analytic accounts on my pages. 

I searched my site and I couldn't find any other tracking code that the one I entered.

It doesn't even track my own visit.

When I look at my Adsense account, the site has page views for the same period of time.

What can I do? 

I tried everything I could think off with no luck. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

can someone answer me please?

Here is my website URL

http://sennimusic.com/

thx

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Herve!  I am having the same issue.  I changed my website completely and think it also must have wiped the tracking code.  My hosting site told me that perhaps I should delete the domain from the analytics account, make a new one and do it again but I'm afraid of looking fishy and getting blacklisted. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

well, check if you still have the analytic tracking code on your site. If you are using Wordpress it's easy.

what you are suggesting might work, but I prefer to wait and see if someone from Google can have a better solution first.

laneAnalytics stopped working

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

can anybody answer me?... Is there any support in here?.... 

Atlantic I I don't think to make a new G account is going to solve the problem.
something is blocking the code. Changing account won't change anything. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This is a user to user community.

@Hervé S what is the GA tracking id?

Tracking code for tracking id UA-54311822-1 has been placed in a text widget. Please remove the code from the text widget. it is inserting it into the wrong place in the site and also inserting it not as javascript.

The snippet needs to be installed before the closing </head> tag in the active theme.
To do this, check if your theme offers an admin theme option to add script to the head of the site - some do.
If your theme does not offer this functionality, then the recommended method to add it is via a plugin.
The easiest type is one like the following

https://wordpress.org/plugins/insert-headers-and-footers/

@Atlantic I, use a tool like Google Tag Assistant

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk?h...

to check for errors with your tracking code or to see if the tracking code is even still installed.
If its not installed.. get another fresh copy of the tracking code from your GA account and reinstall it.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thx a lot for your answer. I just added it. Let's wait 24 hours to see if it works.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any news?

I have the same problem, same date.