Analytics
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics on blogger

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

On Thursday I setup a Google Analytics code and put it in the settings of my blog (at blogger). On Friday I saw that for Thursday I got 2 hits and a notification that my site is not receiving hits. I thought it's a temporary problem because it's still new but on Friday and Saturday I got 0 hits.
I clicked on verify tag in the notification but it's pending verification since. I used the tag assistance extension for Chrome and it says all is OK. I checked the blog's code for the GA code and it's there. Blogger support forum also suggested that the code is OK and that I should try getting help here, so here I am Smiley Happy

I have 2 other properties with GA that works great.
What am I missing?

Thanks

Re: Analytics on blogger

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amos,
you can do one more thing.Please visit your blog URL after that check real time data in GA. If real time data is showing in GA that means tracking is working.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well, it's not Smiley Happy it's still 0. I thought maybe it's because I'm me and maybe it doesn't count me as a hit but bottom line, it remains 0.
Any other idea? Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
I assume you haven't set up exclude ip filter. If not real time data must be shown even for your own visit.

There could be two reason for no hits

1>Your Google analytics tracking has stopped working. Either someone has removed the GA tracking code from your website or the tracking code has broken or is not firing any more.

2>Your website suffered temporary outage

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1. You can view source this page http://agigim.blogspot.co.il/ and see that the UA- code is there

2. it's like that from day 0

bottom line: you recommend you create a new GA code and try it?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes create a new GA code and do same thing I mean check real time data. It is the fastest way to check whether GA tracking is working or not.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It did jump to 1 when you entered the site (to check I guess) but not when I'm on site so maybe it doesn't count "me". So it does seem to work but it seems to record much less traffic that I know that are entering my site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Any idea why the "no hits" notification is still there and is kept as "pending verification" with no change for several days?