AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics on a BETA website / Transition to final website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm about to launch a new ecommerce website, and on the first couple weeks it will be in a BETA version with a specific URL. After those couple weeks, the URL will change a bit, without the BETA reference.

I'm now setting Google Analytics and I don't know if when a change to the final version of the website, if analytics will still keep the data, or if I have to do any configuration after that. Or should I just configure analytics after the BETA period?

[ Edited ]
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

if analytics will still keep the data,<<YES>> or

if I have to do any configuration after that<<Only change the website url in property settings>>.

Or should I just configure analytics after the BETA period?<<Its better to add it to beta site too>>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please do not include self-promotional signatures on the community.

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭