AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics doesn't collect data from my website except from my ISP domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have a particular issue and did not see any post on this topic (but it doesn't mean there is no post on this topic Smiley Happy : when I try to measure my website with Universal Analytics it appears that traffic from my own company ISP domain is correctly measured on my website but not traffic from other ISPs.

It means I see traffic from my teammates but not traffic from my customers Smiley Sad.

Did someone already have such kind of problems and can tell me how to fix it ?

I have to tell you I did not use any filter. The only "specific" configuration I made is I measure traffic from 2 different domains with this tracking code:

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){

(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),

m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)

})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-XXXXX-1', ' auto', {'allowLinker': true});

ga('require', 'linker');

ga('linker:autoLink', ['www.mywebsite2.com'] );

ga('send', 'pageview');

Many thanks in advance for any kind of help Smiley Happy

Re: Analytics doesn't collect data from my website except from my ISP domain

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Adrien, how are things?

I'm writing to let you know that I'm moving your question to the Analytics community since it was originally posted on the Adwords one okay? So any doubts on this let me know.

Regarding your question, have you tried to test the Analytics snippet directly as it shows on Analytics interface without any modification? It worth the test to find out if this error is due the changes you made or if it's something related to analytics.

Hope this helps.
_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Re: Analytics doesn't collect data from my website except from my ISP domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Leandro,

Thank you for having moved the post! I finally found the solution : a bad copy/paste added a blank space just before auto (see ' auto' in the code in my previous post). Now everything works fine. It's been hard to determine because from the beginning everything worked fine on my laptop (all the hits were correctly sent) and the error did not happen everytime on other laptops.