Analytics
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics data collection set up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am working with a website with a prominent new feature.  I want to be track activity on this area of the website only.  it is not a sub domain, however.  How can I do this?  I know there are ways to track organic traffic only, PPC only, etc., but have not worked with configuring an analytics profile to track just a specific key area of a site.  Any ideas?  is this possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Susan R
November 2015

Re: Analytics data collection set up

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Susan,

You can set up a filter to include traffic only to a specific subdirectory. To do this go to Admin -> View -> Filters and create the filter like this: https://i.imgur.com/d0mVZOZ.png

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Susan R
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Susan,

You can set up a filter to include traffic only to a specific subdirectory. To do this go to Admin -> View -> Filters and create the filter like this: https://i.imgur.com/d0mVZOZ.png

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sussan,

Arnold is spot on but I would recommend creating a new view to only show this data to segment this data. To do this:

Admin > View > New View > http://postimg.org/image/pnbljfgrj/

Once this view is up an running please apply a filter to it. To do this go to Admin -> View -> Filters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It does. Thank you both so much!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you--you both were a HUGE help! appreciated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Olufunmi,

I have a follow up question.

do I need to add a trailing slash to this type of include filter or no? For example, if I am trying to track traffic to a certain new feature on the site, in order to ensure I am tracking traffic after they leave the specific subdirectory, example: /news, would I need to set it up with a trailing slash after the subdirectory, like this? : /news/business?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just want to ensure I am tracking where they go after they leave/news (example).

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi sorry about the extremely late reply - I am sure you have this set up by now but yes you would.