AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into multiple domain (Cross/Sub) tracking, implementing Ecommerce and Enhanced Ecommerce, setting up Event tracking, and Universal Analytics code.

Guide Me
star_border

Analytics Not Tracking Properly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm currently having an issue with tracking on GA. The company I work for has 2 GA accounts set up, one specifically for a subdomain and the other for the main domain. For all pages that are on the subdomain, we include both the main domain + subdomain tracking, so that we are able to view the data as a whole (in the main domain account) and separately (in the subdomain account). However, we have run across an issue where some of the subdomain pages aren't even showing up in the main domain GA account. We have also had issues where the bounce rate is 0% for a page even though we know it shouldn't be.

After researching, I saw that you are allowed to have multiple GA tracking codes on one page, but there seems to be an issue with it for us. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

It seems that the reason for the 0% bounce rate is the duplication of analytics: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009409?hl=en

Not sure why you'd want multiple GA codes on a single page; you can use the same GA account and just set up a different "view" in the admin of the account. 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Are you using Universal Analytics or Classic ? You need to use UA. 

At least one of your tracker should be named 

Also Instead of using multiple GA accounts, use multiple properties (Each property have its own ID) in the same account. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yup we are using UA and apologies, I meant to say we are using multiple properties not accounts. I'm just going go consolidate it to one property and not separate it anymore.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do what it works for you Smiley Happy 
But if you needed  it someday, having multiple properties shouldn't be a problem if you name them properly. I use multiple properties in my websites for general purposes and UX.